Read the Printed Word!

Thursday, August 8, 2013

226 Soul Living - HK

I guess a bit of my heart remained in Asia after our summer visit.  And for the urbanite that I've become Hong Kong truly took a hefty chunk of it.  I loved how global it felt, while still showing off its Asian history and beauty. This was not only in the physical realm, but on a human level as well.  I would move there in a heartbeat. Maybe not permanently, but definitely for a couple years.
And if I did move there... (and I can dream, right?)
I would die to be able to live in a complex like "TwoTwoSix" in the chic Sheung Wan district of HongKong island. It is just across the street from the beautiful Hollywood Rd Park.  I did not see this residential gem in person, which I'm totally saddened about knowing that we walked around its neighborhood, and our hotel was about 5 blocks from it.
But today I ran into these beautiful pictures of 226 which was designed by Ilse Crawford. She did a fabulous job of giving it a sophisticated global modern feel, while also mixing in some old world Asian undertones to it, grounding it well to the city it belongs to...
Wish I was packing my bags.









No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters